What is Mac Protector?
Mac Protector is another fake antivirus program from the same misleading program family as Mac Defender. This fake scanner is distributed through infected websites. When you enter such website a pop-up window will appear stating that your Mac is infected and that you need to download and install Mac Protector to solve these issues. If you click on this window a fake antivirus program will be installed on your computer. Mac Protector is a very well designed fake scanner. This program is totally useless, it's only designed to steal money from your credit card account. Don't purchase the license of this program, you will loose your money and your computer will still be infected. Remove it from your computer as soon as possible. After the installation Mac Protector will set itself to run automatically on every system start-up, it will perform security scans and will state that your Mac is infected. To clean the infections you will be asked to buy the full version of this program. To further persuade that your Mac is infected, this program will open windows with porn images. Remove this fake antivirus from your computer. Use this removal guide:
Mac Protector removal
1. Close Mac Protector by clicking the red close button in the top left corner of this fake program.
2. Open Activity Monitor (from Utilities folder).
3. Search for a process called MacProtector.
4. Select MacProtector process and click "Quit Process" then click "Force Quit"
5. Remove MacProtector program from Application folder.
6. Click "Apple menu", select "System Preferences", click Accounts and click on "Login Items" button, this will show you the program that are set to run automatically on every system start-up, search for Mac Protector entry, select this entry and click (-). This will ensure that Mac Protector won't start on system start-up.
To fully clean your Mac download McAfee Internet Security and run a full scan.
To prevent your Mac from being infected with such bogus program always use a legitimate antivirus program.
Fake antivirus screenshots:
|< Prev||Next >|