What is Mac Security?
Mac Security is another fake antivirus program created to scam Mac users into purchasing it's non existent license. This bogus program is designed to steal money from your credit card.After this rogue software installs on your system it will set itself to run automatically one every system start-up and will perform fake security scans. After the scan this fake program will state that it has found various infections that threatens your Mac security. To remove these infections you will be asked purchase a full version of this program. Don't buy this program, it's a scam. This program is totally useless and is designed to scare you into purchasing it's full version. There is nothing wrong with your computer apart that it's infected with Mac Security - a fake antivirus program. Remove this bogus software form your computer as soon as possible. Needless to say that you shouldn't enter you banking information into this program.
If you have already bought this program, contact your credit card company and explain that you have been tricked into purchasing a fake security program.
Mac Security removal guide:
1. Close Mac Security by clicking the red close button in the top left corner of this fake program.
2. Open Activity Monitor (from Utilities folder).
3. Search for a process called Mac Security.
4. Select Mac Security process and click "Quit Process" then click "Force Quit"
5. Remove Mac Security program from Application folder.
6. Click "Apple menu", select "System Preferences", click Accounts and click on "Login Items" button, this will show you the program that are set to run automatically on every system start-up, search for Mac Security entry, select this entry and click (-). This will ensure that Mac Security won't start on system start-up.
To fully clean your Mac download McAfee Internet Security and run a full scan.
To prevent your Mac from being infected with such bogus program always use a legitimate antivirus program.
Fake antivirus screenshots:
|< Prev||Next >|