What is Mac Shield?
Mac Shield is another fake antivirus program designed to target Mac computers. As it's predecessor Mac Guard, this fake computer scanner is distributed through Trojans. After this bogus program infects your computer it will set itself to run automatically on every system start-up. Every time you start your computer you will see a main window of Mac Shield performing a fake computer security scan. After this fake scan you will be presented with a list of infections. If you click the Clean Up button you will be asked to purchase a full version of this program. Needless to say that you shouldn't buy this program, it's s scam created to steal money from your credit card. This bogus program also displays fake security warning messages, this is done to further convince you into thinking that your Mac is infected with malware. Last but not least Mac Shield will time to time open Safari and display various unwanted websites. By doing this Mac shield want's you to think that there's something wrong with your computer. Mac Shield is an updated version of Mac Defender, this fake scanner no longer requires to enter your admin password prior to installing. You should ignore all the fake scans and fake security warning messages and remove this bogus scanner from your computer as soon as you notice it. Such fake security warning messages will be displayed:
"Unregistered Copy Sorry, the copy of your program is unregistered. Register to have an ability to cleanup your system"
"Virus Found Infected file detected: Virus: Spyware File: Terminal"
"The system is infected Your system is infected. It's highly recommended to cleanup your system to protect critical information like credit card numbers, etc"
"Virus Found Infected file detected: Virus: Malware File: SelfTest.dist"
Mac Shield removal
1. Close Mac Shield by clicking the red close button in the top left corner of this fake program.
2. Open Activity Monitor (from Utilities folder).
3. Search for a process called Mac Shield.
4. Select Mac Shield process and click "Quit Process" then click "Force Quit"
5. Remove Mac Shield program from Application folder.
6. Click "Apple menu", select "System Preferences", click Accounts and click on "Login Items" button, this will show you the program that are set to run automatically on every system start-up, search for Mac Shield entry, select this entry and click (-). This will ensure that Mac Guard won't start on system start-up.
To fully clean your Mac download McAfee Internet Security and run a full scan.
To prevent your Mac from being infected with such bogus program always use a legitimate antivirus program.
Fake antivirus screenshots:
|< Prev||Next >|